Monday, August 13, 2007

Cincinnati Match Analysis

Nicolas Kiefer over Marat Safin 6-3, 7-6 (7-1)
I seriously I think I got worse at tennis for watching the second-set tiebreaker. Safin was beyond terrible and to say his effort level was uninspiring would be an understatement. Then again, what would you expect from the guy. At this rate I'd be stunned if Safin is still around at the U.S. Open when I'm there (Labor Day weekend).

David Ferrer over John Isner 7-6 (7-3), 6-3
Terrible. I really wanted Isner to win this one, but I doubt he would have defeated Stepanek in the next round anyway. Both Ferrer and Stepanek are terrible matchups for Isner, Ferrer because he has one of the best service returns in the game. It was essential for Isner to serve as well as he did in D.C. and that just didn't happen. He had to put more first serves in, because he won almost all of his first-serve points but he won less than half of the second-serve points. Oh well, hopefully he'll get a wild card and then a good draw at the U.S. Open.

1 comment:

GLT said...

OMG!!! Bhupathi is playing with Jamie Murray!!!!