Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Portland Name Site of Davis Cup Final

Portland?!?!?!? Really? Really, USTA? Really?

Yeah, I'm mainly upset because if it had been awarded to Winston-Salem I would have strongly considered making an appearance. But alas, no suck luck.

Still, even considering non-selfish reasons, give me a break. Are there even tennis courts in Portland? For real, is there anything ATP related that ever goes on in Portland or the entire state of Oregon? An ATP tournament? Even a Challenger level event?!?!?

Furthermore, the reasoning, or so as I understand it, for Portland is primarily advertising space inside the arena. So typical. Yet also so pathetic.

I just hope tennis fans on the west coast actually show up and root on the Americans. I won't stand for any kind of soft-core atmosphere at a Davis Cup final. It should be, and it better be, the most raucous atmosphere in tennis year in and year out.

I'm not happy about the location, but GO U.S.A.!

No comments: